The USGBC-Northern California Chapter (USGBC-NCC) is committed to promoting the creation of environments that support improved health, and is launching the Building Health Initiative in recognition that health and wellness are vital components of sustainability and green building.
The Building Health Initiative will:
- Frame green as a health issue
- Expand the sustainability conversation
- Elevate the topic within the industry
- Educate about the health impacts of the built environment
- Integrate diverse stakeholders – real estate, building, legal, and healthcare professionals and institutions
We are launching the Initiative with The Building Health Challenge, a two-year program in which Northern California industry leaders from multiple sectors pledge to promote health and wellness, take simple but effective actions to catalyze industry transformation, and create market demand for product transparency and healthy places.
The Founding Partners include 27 prominent corporations, institutions, and organizations. Additional partners may join over the next few months.
USGBC-NCC will work with these partners to develop a series of educational programs and events through 2014-2015 — Stay tuned.
INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING?
Thank you to our