Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:30AM - 5:00PM
Read all workshop details, then register below.
Why take this workshop?
- Prepare for the LEED Green Associate Exam
- Prepare for the LEED AP Specialty Exam
After this workshop, take one of our LEED AP Specialty Exam Prep Workshops.
Professional Competitive Advantage
- Distinguish yourself with a LEED Credential
- Demonstrate green building expertise in non-technical fields of practice by gaining a basic knowledge of green design, construction, and operations
- Join the momentum of the rapidly growing green building movement
USGBC-NCC Guarantees Success
- USGBC-NCC Guarantee: Pass your test or your next class is FREE!*
- Unrivaled success rates since program was launched. Over 90% of surveyed attendees passed the exam on the first try!
- LEED was developed by the USGBC, and the USGBC - Northern California Chapter is the on-the-ground force for green building and LEED in Northern California. We are the local voice of the USGBC and the most direct source for test preparation.
- Skilled and experienced USGBC-NCC instructors are well versed in LEED and the credentialing exams and receive high approval ratings from attendees.
- Break down the complex LEED system into plain language
- Develop strategies for studying and test-taking
- Explore real world projects to help you better understand and remember the material and put the concepts into practice
- Eligibility to take the exam: receive a certificate of completion to satisfy the requirement for the LEED Green Associate exam
- Earn 7 AIA general Continuing Education Units - Please contact info [at] greenstepeducation [dot] com for more information.
What will I learn?
USGBC-NCC’s full-day LEED Green Associate Exam Preparation Workshop is designed to review everything you need to know to successfully pass the exam including:
- LEED implementation process
- Project site factors
- Water management
- Energy impacts
- Synergistic opportunities
- Stakeholder involvement in innovation
- Project surroundings
- Public outreach
- Test taking tips and strategies
This workshop bridges the gaps between other exam preparation resources such as the Green Building & LEED Core Concepts Guide and LEED Green Associate Study Guide and provides interpretation and enhanced understanding of key information contained in these resources as well as exam tips and preparation recommendations.
Included in this Workshop
- In-class practice exam & take-home exam that accurately reflect the types of questions on the test
- USGBC-NCC workbook that summarizes the material and outlines the course
The workbook included with the workshop summarizes all of the information you need to know for the exam, but we recommend the following additional free resources, to supplement your knowledge:
- LEED Green Associate Exam Candidate Handbook (pdf)
- Guide to Purchasing Green Power (EPA) (pdf)
- The Treatment by LEED of the Environmental Impact of HVAC Refrigerants (pdf)
- Guidance on Innovation in Design Credits and Credit Interpretation Requests (pdf)
About the Instructor: Alex Spilger
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- All sales are final and we do not offer any refunds.
- Should USGBC-NCC have to cancel the workshop, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Registration cannot be transferred to another workshop or event.