To learn about GREENERBUILDER 2011, please visit:
The first green building conference for subcontractors, developed and taught by Northern California’s leading green general contractors.
A message from the GreenerBuilder 2010 Partners:
LEED projects account for more than a third of the total California dollar volume of the seven general contractor conference partners. We need subcontractors who possess the skills and training necessary to successfully complete work on LEED projects. This conference was specifically developed to provide you with these LEED project skills. We look forward to seeing you on June 10th.
Read more from leading GCs about why Green Building matters
CEOs and high-level decision makers from our general contractor partners will be in attendance and will speak about the importance of green building as well as take questions from conference attendees. Executives attending include:
- James Jenkins, President, GCI General Contractors
- Rich Henry, Northern Pacific Division President, McCarthy
- Wally Naylor, Vice President, Pankow
- Martin Sisemore, President & CEO, Rudolph and Sletten
- Eric Foster, Senior Vice President, Swinerton
- Grant Griffanti, VP & Operations Manager, Turner Construction Northern California Business Unit
- Eric Raff, President, XL Construction
Who Should Attend
Commercial building subcontractors with a focus on earthwork, landscaping, concrete, masonry, steel, carpentry, finishing, plumbing, water, and MEP. General contractors and any other interested green builders are also welcome.
Why You Should Attend
- Get a competitive edge on LEED projects
- Win more contracts by understanding how to price LEED projects
- Improve field execution
- Learn what general contractors need from you on LEED projects
- Participate in your trade specific track to learn how LEED impacts your scope of work
- Get listed as a LEED-trained subcontractor in USGBC-NCC's online directory
- Distinguish yourself as a leader in the emerging green building industry, which is expected to contribute $554 billion to the U.S. gross domestic product from 2009-2013
- Over 500 subcontractors and general contractors in attendance, representing earthwork, landscaping, concrete, masonry, steel, carpentry, finishers, plumbing, water, and MEP industries
- Opening general session: Green Building 101/De-Mystifying LEED
- Opening networking luncheon
- Break out sessions, segmented by division, on green building best practices
- Hosted networking reception
- Green building materials and construction expo throughout the day
- Benefits one of USGBC’s Chapters, a non-profit dedicated to a sustainable built environment
- 39% of commercial real estate in San Francisco is LEED certified or registered (CB Richard Ellis)
- There are 52 mandatory LEED ordinances across California (USGBC)
Why Leading General Contractors Think Green Building Matters"The biggest challenges to the continued growth of green building and sustainable construction are the misconceptions that the process is more costly and inefficient. Our industry needs to demystify the process. If we work together to make the process easier where it is second nature, where documentation is early and efficient, our vendors will price projects more competitively, our clients will benefit, and sustainable construction will be the standard way of building."
"The choice to 'go green' with our corporate headquarters means that we support the health of our employees and the health of the planet. Our commitment began with the aspiration to build a healthy and eco-friendly workspace for our employees and evolved into the desire to educate and promote the cost-effectiveness and practicality of becoming a LEED-certified facility."
-- Eric Raff, President, XL Construction
Back to top
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- If you cancel at least 7 days beforehand, you will receive an 80% refund.
- If you cancel within 7 days you will receive a 20% refund.
- A colleague from the same company may replace your reservation for an event or workshop if you inform us by June 7th at 5pm. No ticket changes may be made after this time.
- Should USGBC-NCC have to postpone or reschedule the workshop or event, you will receive a 100% refund.
- Registration cannot be transferred to another workshop or event.